Progress Park is the culmination of years of planning and investment by the people and their leadership of Wythe County to insure a viable economic future for its coming generations. Planning began twenty years ago to accumulate enough property near I-81 and I-77’s intersection near the bustling town of Wytheville to create a premier location for growing business and industry. Tenants like Gatorade, Amcor, Somic America, and others have called Progress Park home for nearly a decade. The infrastructure found in Progress Park is as robust as can be found anywhere. The access to major highways is mere moments away and rail access is available, as well. Progress Park has a history of success with a number of companies. Let us discuss how Progress Park can be a key component of your company’s growth strategy, as well.
Check out our new video on Progress Park here! We produced this in conjunction with local Wytheville production company, Bear Creek Studios.
Key attributes of Progress Park include:
- Quick access to I-77 and I-81 via a frontage road at the southern entrance and Peppers Ferry Road at the northern entrance
- Class I rail-served
- 90-MW electrical substation in park fed via multiple feeds from different directions
- Natural gas substation on site with three interstate gas transmission lines adjacent
- A new water plant on the New River adds to capacity already supplied by the Town of Wytheville
- High-capacity fiber optic service with multiple interlinks is provided from different directions by CenturyLink and Citizens.
- Lot 24 is a significant location with a full suite of infrastructure including rail. Currently 166 acres are graded on a larger 232 acre site.
- Lots 1, 2, 3, and 8 are graded. Lots 2 and 3 can be combined to accommodate a 245,000 sq ft building
- 100,000 sq ft virtual building for Lot 8 is “ready to build” with expedited permitting and plans ready to execute
- A “Mini-Park” area for smaller industries is designated
- Progress Park is within Wythe County’s Virginia Enterprise Zone providing substantial state and local incentives
- Utility providers are Wythe County (wastewater), Town of Wytheville (water), Atmos Energy (natural gas), Appalachian Power (electricity), and CenturyLink and Citizens (telecommunications)
- Protective covenants are in place to protect your investment and your surroundings
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership has also published information on the site.
Further down this page, the map of Progress park shows the park boundaries, existing industries, and possible lot layouts. The park is not subdivided, except for previously sold lots, so remaining lot boundaries can be adjusted to meet varied prospect needs. Please contact the Joint IDA for assistance in determining appropriate lots that would suit your project.
Certified Data Center Sites
Technology is a sector not overlooked in developing this prime property. With an eye toward the future and acknowledging the importance of security, stability, and abundant infrastructure as critical for the development of advanced data centers, Wythe County developed two areas that are suitable mission critical data center sites. AEP worked with Biggins, Lacy, Shapiro, & Co., to certify Progress Park as ideal for data center development. Here’s a link to more information regarding the suitability of this desirable location.
Progress Park Interactive Map – Mouse over the lots below for detailed information.
Progress Park is owned by Wythe County. Phase I Environmental Assessment, archaeology, and soil boring reports are available upon request. Protective covenants are in place to ensure proper land use consistent with an industrial park. Contact us to receive those covenants.