A summary of local enterprise zone incentives by area.
- A new operation creating at least 25 jobs, paying at least double the federal minimum wage, and investing more than $5 million is eligible for:
- Discounted land purchase price
- Reduced water and wastewater rates
- Waived or rebated utility connection fees
- Fast-track permitting with waived or rebated building permit fees
- A new operation creating at least 25 jobs, paying twice the prevailing average wage for Wythe County, and investing more than $100 million in taxable personal property is eligible for an annual grant based on those personal property tax receipts.
I-81 Eastern Corridor
- New or expanded dining or lodging operations investing at least $500,000 and creating 15-plus jobs are eligible for an annual grant funded by Wythe County based on gross receipts.
- New construction of a commercial or industrial building or rehabilitation/expansion of same allows for
- Rebate or waiver of water and/or wastewater connection fees
- Rebate or waiver of building permit fees
- New dining or lodging operations (excluding transfer of ownership and/or existing operations) are eligible for an annual grant funded by the Town of Wytheville based on their gross receipts.
Rural Retreat Exit 60 Area
- New construction or rehabilitation/expansion of an existing operation creates eligibility for a rebate or waiver of water and waste water connection fees.
- New dining or lodging operations (excluding transfer of ownership and/or existing operations) are eligible for an annual grant funded by the Town of Rural Retreat based on gross receipts.
- New operations within the Rural Retreat section are also eligible for an annual grant based on Business Professional Occupation License (BPOL) receipts. Ownership transfers are excluded.
Additionally, all Enterprise Zone businesses receive expedited consideration for JIDA Revolving Loan Funds if a proper application is made.