Progress Park is the culmination of years of planning and investment by the people and their leadership of Wythe County to insure a viable economic future for its coming generations. Planning began twenty years ago to accumulate enough property near I-81 and I-77’s intersection near the bustling town of Wytheville to create a premier location for growing business and industry. Tenants like Gatorade, Amcor, Somic America, and others have been successful in Progress Park for well over a decade. The infrastructure found in Progress Park is as robust as can be found anywhere. Interstate highway access is moments away and rail access is available, as well. Let us discuss how Progress Park can be a key component of your company’s growth strategy, as well.
CLICK HERE for our fast fact sheet on Progress Park!
CLICK HERE for our video on Progress Park!
Progress Park Key Attributes
- Advantageous Location for Business
- Progress Park is within Wythe County’s Virginia Enterprise Zone, Virginia’s Tobacco Region, and is in an Opportunity Zone.
- Quick access to I-77 and I-81 with three interchanges within five miles.
- Class I rail-service from Norfolk Southern.
- Three general aviation airports within a half hour drive.
- Four commercial airports within two hour drive, including Charlotte (CLT), Greensboro (GSO), Roanoke (ROA), and Tri-Cities/Blountville (TRI).
- Easy access to major markets.
- Robust Utility Service
- 90-MW electrical substation supplied by four independent feeds from Appalachian Power.
- Natural gas substation on site with three interstate gas transmission lines (65,000 dekatherms/day capacity) adjacent from Atmos Energy.
- Abundant water (3.75 MGD expandable to 10 MGD) from multiple, interconnected providers including the Town of Wytheville.
- Wastewater service with 1.5 MGD capacity provided by Wythe County.
- High-capacity fiber optic service with multiple interlinks and gigabit service is provided from different directions by CenturyLink and Citizens.
- Certified and Graded Sites Available
- Lot 24 is a significant location with a full suite of infrastructure including rail. Currently 166 acres are graded on a larger 232 acre site. Tailor-made for automotive, aerospace, advanced materials, food and beverage, and other advanced manufacturing operations.
- Lot 1 is 65 acres on a hundred-acre site and can accommodate a 1,000,000 sq ft building.
- Lots 2 and 3 can be combined to accommodate a 245,000 sq ft building.
- 100,000 sq ft virtual building for Lot 8 is “ready to build” with expedited permitting and plans ready to execute.
- A Mini-Park for smaller industries is designated.
- Protective covenants are in place to protect your investment and your surroundings.
- Fast-track permitting is available.
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership maintains data on Progress Park.
Certified Data Center Sites
Technology is a sector not overlooked in developing this prime property. With an eye toward the future and acknowledging the importance of security, stability, and abundant infrastructure as critical for the development of advanced data centers, Wythe County developed two areas that are suitable mission critical data center sites. AEP worked with Biggins, Lacy, Shapiro, & Co., to certify Progress Park as ideal for data center development. Here’s a link to more information regarding the suitability of this desirable location.
Progress Park Interactive Map – Mouse over the lots below for detailed information.
This map of Progress Park shows the park boundaries, existing industries, and possible lot layouts. The park is not subdivided, except for previously sold lots, so remaining lot boundaries can be adjusted to meet varied prospect needs. Please contact the Joint IDA for assistance in determining appropriate lots that would suit your project.
Progress Park is owned by Wythe County and marketed by the Joint IDA of Wythe County. Phase I Environmental Assessment, archaeology, and soil boring reports are available upon request. Protective covenants are in place to ensure proper land use consistent with an industrial park. Contact us to receive those covenants.